Subject: Re: Fonts in BOOPSI gadgets
From: [email-masked] (Christoph Feck IRZ)
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 1994 13:41:50 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.programmer

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] (Andreas Stenmark) writes:
> >Can someone please explain where a BOOPSI gadget finds the
> >default font to put in gpr_RPort? Or perhaps the question is
> >*why*, because it seems that the gadget uses the Screen's
> >font instead of the Window's or GfxBase->DefaultFont. Why?
> 
> >And...what's the best method for the class user to tell
> >the gadget which font to use? Attributes? Sure, but neither
> >C= BOOPSI classes nor gadtools seems to use this.

The V42 gadgetclass.h include file that came with the
GI1 (Gadget and Image collection #1) has a GA_TextAttr
gadget attribute.  Of course only new gadgets that deal
with text will support them (like the tabs.gadget).

The archive is freely distributable, but I haven't
checked wether it is on Aminet (I got it on IRC).

3k// Christoph Feck, TowerSystems - BOOPSI Class Development
\X/ Amiga - Intuition inside.